Vizio Tablet hands-on preview

Discussion in 'Vizio Tablets' started by constanta cocut, Mar 11, 2011.

1. constanta cocut New Member

The tablet is running Android, though Vizio didn't say what version. To our eyes it looked like a variation on 2.2 or 2.3 -- we didn't see any indication that it was Honeycomb. There's still some rough animation and very buggy aspects to the UI, but many of the ideas are incredibly solid, like the notification window which groups by application and age, as well as the ability to create your own folders or groups of applications and quickly page through them. The tablet is meant as a component of the company's VIA Plus ecosystem, meaning there are going to be a lot of hooks into Vizio HDTVs and other products the company produces.
  2. ahmed awad New Member

it really says something when some of your customers ask the Internet whether they got the right thing when they received your product
  3. ytreg1 New Member

The Android UI looks awful. If it isn't upgraded by late summer when this thing is released, it will be a major weakness. By then we'll have 2nd gen iPads, WebOS tablets, and maybe even WP7 tablets.
  4. Ioan Dascalu New Member

I have no idea on how this product is
  5. ankit New Member

The tablet is meant as a component of the company's VIA Plus ecosystem, meaning there are going to be a lot of hooks into Vizio HDTVs and other products the company produces.
  6. Steve Member

That is pretty smart of Vizio to integrate their tablets to their HDTVs. I would imagine it would make streaming movies and television shows very easy and seamless.
  7. marvin02 New Member

The Vizio Tablet is running Android 2.3.2 (Gingerbread) with Vizio's custom UI. You can install an alternate launcher such as Launcher pro. Vizio has released an update to add devices to the remote app and smooth out some issues with the V.I.A. Plus interface (scrolling, app opening).

Got this instead of a Nook Color and liking it so far.
  8. Steve Member

Marvin02, thanks for sharing the information. I am glad that you are enjoying your new Vizio Tablet!
  9. Steve Member

Good to know!
  10. Steve Member

Love it! Vizio makes some great products and I am glad you are enjoying your tablet from them. Let us know how it performs the longer you have it. That is important.
  11. Steve Member

That is cool!